Sunday, July 10, 2016

The interesting things about the concert

Item 1:  there were about 200 people seated in regular tiered seating behind the orchestra at the back. So their view was of the face of the conductor,and the backs of the members of the orchestra.
Item 2:  the conductor enters the stage from the balcony, so comes down about 30 steps to get to the stage.  And so do the soloists.  Which means if they are doing multiple curtain calls, there are a lot of up and down stairs involved.
Item 3:  when I got there I wandered around a bit trying to figure out where my seat was and where I was to pick up my pre-paid vodka and tonic.  In these wanderings I went by the elevator when it opened and someone who appeared to be a maintenance man or backstage hand came out dragging a rolling duffel bag.  He had long scraggly hair and was wearing an old tee shirt and jeans.  Of course, turns out he was one of the four singing soloists, he was the bass.  Panajotis Iconomou.
Item 4;  the vodka and tonic included a lovely snack.  See photo below, as well assume of the other photos of their hall.
Never mind I can't get the photos In here, they will be posted separately.

No comments:

Post a Comment