Monday, June 27, 2016

Day 1 in Paris

Lovely train ride from Amsterdam to Paris yesterday.  No security visible in Amsterdam, passed seamlessly into Belgium, and then once we reached France the train was stopped and a team of police entered the train and checked everyone's passports.

There were soldiers at the Louvre  with big guns and a security checkpoint (first museum ever that I can remember that did not care about my bringing in my pocket knife).

It has been 42 years since I was here and my first observation is that Paris is just like New York except everyone speaks French,  and they have better croissants here,

The photo here is of the really giant taxi line at the train station and the other is the Louvre. 

Besides the Louvre (which really is pretty big, I did not remember that it was that much bigger than the metropolitan museum of art), I found the tourist office and got my museum pass, took the subway home, sat in a sidewalk cafe to drink wine and watch people.



No comments:

Post a Comment